Friday, August 19, 2011

Open Frequencies



I recently found another blog posting pictures from this site and I have to tell you, they posted a lot of them. 
Looking at all those pics on one page I realized two things: 
1) I have improved quite a bit on my picture-making. Those earlier pics were quite bad. 
2) Everyone likes a blog to have lots of pictures.

I have a problem doing the latter. To an certain extent, when I started, I knew that keeping this site going was going to be tough, not only would I need to write but I'd need to make the corresponding images as well. And that's not easy. The pictures on Starlight require time to render and 'make' and that means no daily postings. It seems I like doing things the hard way. I wish I could reblog pictures from tons of fantastic sites out there or post those from my archives, and I would see the numbers soar, but no. And there is a price to pay for that, I suppose. 

Still, I am really glad to have a dedicated group of fans who post comments here or write to me telling me their views and insights. Thanks guys, you really keep me going. 

In the end I suppose I have to attract readers rather than browsers, and that is a challenge. I hope y'all understand why I can't post a picture everyday and I appreciate all your patience. 

Laters!

Kit


5 comments:

michaelxvr said...

kit, I routinely check your blogsite to see either the pictures or see if an ongoing story has been updated. realize that each effort takes time to accomplish and the wait is always worth the enjoyment! your pictures were NOT bad to begin with but have of course improved over time with each concerted effort (practice makes perfect)! you have a huge following and I just happen to be one of your fans who can take a moment and write a comment. no apologies necessary given you are doing the giving of your talents; we are the ones getting the enjoyment! keep up the great work!!

GableDan87 said...

I have been to blogs that post pictures everyday, and to be quite honest, I enjoy your blog much better than those. The content of your posts are much more intriguing than those others could hope to be. Every one of your pictures has a connection to the story as a whole, and that makes them much more exciting than the random pictures on other blogs. Keep up the amazing work you have been doing, and don't worry about what other blogs are doing different.

Unknown said...

You are doing it exactaly right. Thanks for all your hard work. It is always a pleasure to see when you post.

kiwi chris said...

Kit,
keep up the excellent work dude, you are getting better along the way too.
we may have to wait for the fruit of your labors but it makes them all the more sweeter.
thanks again dude

kit said...

hey all, thanks for your comments guys and your words of encouragement.

means a lot.

thanks

Kit