Thursday, November 11, 2010

Open Frequencies



Hey y'all.

How do you like the way Conversion is coming along? Where do you think the sixty-odd men and women are? And what do you think is gonna happen next? Hmmm...

Well some updates, I finally got around to shooting the model of Starlight I made. I tried to make it look similar to the initial design of the ship, which was completely rendered. The problem with the original version was that I couldn't show it any other way because it would look completely different. With this model, made up of mostly papier-mache, I could shoot the ship at different angles giving me a little more freedom to play with it visually.

I've always wanted an odd and interesting shape for Starlight - seeing how it was built on T'aal design. From the pictures posted here before, we often see a lot of beams on the ceilings with the light shining through, so I thought why not make the top of the ship full of these intricate beams that crisscrossed.

Also new with the Conversion storyline, is Ground Command - troops sent to beef up security and pack some firepower. I wanted them to be a contrast to the crew of Starlight with the troopers being a little more conservative, and a little less ready to hop into bed with anyone. Oh yes, and there are women among them too. So let's see if this will spark some drama.

Lastly, for those of you who came here to look at the pics, here's one for you.

Laters!

2 comments:

PSR said...

You're ship looks quite organic - reiminds me of on of these:

http://www.tnaqua.org/Newsroom/HighRes/ComCuttlefish9.jpg

My favourite sci ship is The Lexx which is also organic.

kit said...

Yup, organic was what I was going for. Good eye!